This policy explains how we use and protect any information that you provide when you use this website or when you contact me using the email response form, by personal email, messaging by mobile device or in any of the social media systems we use.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy.
What we collect
If you contact us by email or by using the email response form, we will collect the following information:
- your name
- your email address
- any information included in your email signature
- any information you choose to provide about your enquiry
If you contact us by phone or text, we will collect your phone number.
If we arrange a visit to your property or carry out any work for you, we will collect your postal address. We will also collect any required information needed to provide the service you have asked for. This includes any photographs you send for initial consultation.
If you do not wish the session cookie to be set, you can disable cookies in your browser.
How to manage cookies
Most browsers have cookies enabled by default. It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website.
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
- Cookie settings in Opera
How we use your personal data
- To contact you about your enquiry or the work you require carrying out.
- For accounting processes (e.g. to send invoices) and for HMRC requirements.
- To enable certain functions on our website (e.g. to collect statistics about the number of visitors).
Sharing your personal data
- We may publish a testimonial you have written on our website and social media accounts. Please be sure to let us know if you do not want this to happen.
- If you have contacted us about carrying out a project and we cannot fit it in, we may offer to pass your information to another company who may be able to help you. We will always get your permission first.
We will never share your personal information with anyone else unless you give permission in writing to do so or we have to do so by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We will store and protect your personal information in the following ways:
- We will store any electronic information you provide on our password-protected computers.
Controlling your information
You can ask us to delete your information at any time. Where you exercise your right to erasure, we will do this straight away unless we are not permitted to do so by law or HMRC requirements.
Retention of your data
As we work for many customers on a repeat basis, we do not delete your data unless you ask us to do so.
HMRC requires records to be kept for ‘at least 5 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year’. Therefore, we have to keep your personal data on invoices and within our accounts for six years.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us using the details on our contact page.